Sunday 22 May 2011

is it relevant?

peace be upon u peeps n hi (^_~)

when i was on my way to flashback all the memories in high school, which was by looking back at the pictures in my lappy, i suddenly was amazed by one of my pictures.. i was like sumpah-suci-muka-aku !! hahaha..
that was a picture of me,my best friend and my senior holding our HOLY BOOK, AL-QURAN..
i was sitting at the middle and without me having time to stop my mind from functioning, i remembered what my tok said :

"kalau ambil gambar jangan ambil tiga orang, nanti salah satu akan mati dulu"

poor alvin,he'll die earlier than his brothers.. :P

the thing that my granma said actually makes me ponder why do they, i mean the elders think so?
is that one of their superstitious belief or is there any implicit meaning behinds it..?
there are many other beliefs such as :


"Jangan letak pinggan atas tapak tangan, takut nanti rampas suami orang"

i remembered when i put the plate on my soft hand, my granma who happened to sit beside me knocked my thigh and said:

"pegang pinggan tu elok2, nanti besar ambil laki orang pulak"

i grinned and quickly put it down. well, if i think thoroughly, i can say that when you put your plate which is full with nasi.sambal belacan,ikan goreng,gulai ikan , it's actually not stable..the plate might fall and the whole yummy things in your plate might scattered away.. 

and one more petua-orang-tua-tua which makes me show my teeth when i'm in the kitchen is this :

"anak dara jangan nyanyi kat dapur, nanti kawen dengan orang tua"

hahahahaha~~ i always do that whenever i'm in charge for cooking.. what is actually the relationship between singing in the kitchen and marrying an old man..? it's hilarious.. (^_^)
i asked my mak why tok prohibits me and my sisters from singing in the kitchen? and i asked her whether she believe in tok?
and mak just smile and said :

"tok takut makanan hangit bila dok asyik nyanyi"


and i think it does make sense..lol~~

there are a lot of pantang larang that were set by our ancestors.. u may click HERE to read more..

however, out of those three stated pantang-larang above, the first one seems to be not so relevant.. 
aku percaya ajal, maut, jodoh, pertemuan, semua kat tangan Allah..
HE is the BEST PLANNER.. 

Robert Levine once said : "In life, the only certainty is UNCERTAINTY" 
thus, let's depend on our LORD.. :) HE knows the best..!

2 comments:

  1. nasi.sambal belacan,ikan goreng,gulai ikan ???
    mmg bnyak betol lauk ko ambik..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. sengal...~~ tu namanye aku pandai makan.. semua aku campak dalam satu pinggan :)

    ReplyDelete